With call monitoring, your company can keep track of vital data regarding incoming business phone calls and record calls. It doesn’t get any more crucial than the information call monitoring collects from incoming calls, including who called, when they called, and what organization, if any, they claimed to represent. Call tracking software provides a transcript of every phone call and the caller’s location.
It offers specific data about phone calls that your company can use in various ways to expand. It can be used to improve the content of your website, engage users, and draw more site visitors. Call tracking software also allows marketers to identify the specific marketing campaign that led to the phone call, significantly improving KPI tracking. Additionally, it can reveal the search terms, ads, and web pages that were visited before the call in question.
The effectiveness of offline and online marketing campaigns is also increased by call tracking. To identify which phone calls originated from which location (and which phone lines), sales teams, for instance, use call tracking software in advertising, such as Google Ads (PPC). This allows you to determine which marketing strategies are successful and, more importantly, which are unsuccessful.
What Is the Process of Call Tracking Software?
Call tracking can be carried out by allocating specific phone numbers to a company’s marketing initiatives. Simple differentiation between the campaigns is the goal of the specific phone numbers. You are immediately aware of the campaign the caller is responding to when you receive phone calls from a specific number. For instance, XYZ Business starts a marketing initiative (or several of them).
The first stage is assigning specific phone numbers, either local or 800 numbers. Also, these phone numbers can be routed to any desired department, such as the marketing division, an office phone, or an outside answering agency. After being configured, these phone numbers are dialed by phone tracking software. The program is essential for identifying the sources of phone calls, including social media, organic search results, and paid searches.
Using as many numbers as needed to cover a variety of sources, marketing initiatives, and keyword phrases are made possible with dynamic phone numbers. Moreover, call tracking software contains scripts, cookies, “call whisper,” conversion parameters, and other features that give advertisers much freedom, significantly improve their marketing initiatives, and even work offline.
Features of the Best Call Tracking Software
Later in this tutorial, we’ll delve more into the characteristics that set one program apart. Nonetheless, whichever alternative you select from those or other ones, you should anticipate the following features from your call tracking software:
1. Simple to Use: If a call-tracking software program is difficult to use, what’s the point of buying it? The ideal solutions will be simple to set up and use by your sales and marketing personnel.
2. User-friendly Dashboard: To find the Dashboard that makes the most sense to you, you might have to experiment with a few different settings (check out options that offer free trials for this purpose). You will only use the program if you have to search for every detail you require.
3. Caller profiles: By gathering pertinent information, such as the caller’s location, their device, and the time of the conversation, among other things, your call tracking software should enable you to create caller profiles.
4. Integration of CRM: Ensure the call monitoring software you use interacts with any CRM software you use for sales so that pertinent information from the system’s caller profiles can be included in contact records. That also applies to any additional essential software tools your team could utilize.
5. Scalability: Well, you may only be a small team at this point. But what would happen if your business expanded? Can you grow with your call-tracking software? Examine a program’s ability to scale and the costs involved. If a program becomes much more expensive as it progresses, consider whether your team will still see a profit from it.
6. Real-Time Analytics You cannot afford to wait until the caller hangs up to access crucial analytics data if they are still on the line. Your capacity to provide a personalized call experience that is more likely to lead to conversions improves when you can view metrics in real-time.
7. Historical and real-time reporting: The genius of call monitoring software is that you can use the information it gathers to enhance the effectiveness of subsequent conversations and in-person client interactions. Nevertheless, you can only do that if you have access to the right reporting tools, the capacity to monitor conversion rates, and the capacity to calculate ROI.
8. Modifiable: Your business stands out. Your sales staff is exceptional. Your call-tracking program should be adaptable and scalable enough to accommodate these requirements.
9. Recording calls: Make sure call recording is enabled, especially if you intend to use your call monitoring software application for sales team growth. The managers on your team will be able to use this to examine previous chats to spot improvement areas periodically.
10. Keyphrase monitoring: Your call monitoring software should inform you that a contact selected your company’s website from the list of organic search results for a particular term, visited certain pages there, and then dialed your number. It would help if you had suitable keyword tracking options to get a complete picture of a contact’s history with your business.
10 Best Call Tracking Software For Your Business
One of my favorite choices is HubSpot’s call tracking capability, which is integrated into their free CRM and Sales suite and has native capabilities. In addition to providing call stats and tracking, it allows you to make calls directly from your browser without ever picking up the phone. You can call a potential customer on your desk phone or Voice Over IP with only one click.
You can choose to have each call recorded to have accurate records of your talks. Your calls will always come from your number. Naturally, calls are also immediately entered into the CRM. HubSpot’s free email monitoring gives your sales staff a seamless experience, allowing them to spend more time with prospects.
The key to increasing new customer acquisition and improving customer interactions is 800response’s array of real-time call tracking and monitoring solutions. Companies can get precise information on their incoming callers with the help of real-time lead-tracking reports, lead analytics, and customer interaction analytics. Companies can gain visibility into 100% customer interactions by prioritizing and ranking leads by critical demographic characteristics.
Optional Free: Unknown
Consider ActiveDemand’s SMB marketing automation suite if you want to completely restructure your martech strategy because call tracking is just one component. You can automatically access call attribution campaigns, robocall campaigns, and lead distribution by switching to ActiveDemand.
Cost: Free (phone number registration billed separately)
Free Choice: For one user account, yes.
Users of WhatConverts can “See What Marketing Converts” thanks to its comprehensive call tracking, lead collecting, and reporting platform. Users of WhatConverts can record purchases, phone calls, forms, chats, and forms and link each lead to its original marketing source. Its call tracking service uses cutting-edge technology to provide a fully featured solution and compile extensive data for each call. Despite the platform’s extensive data collection, it also offers reports so businesses can quickly learn from their call and marketing data.
Cost: $30 to $100+ monthly
A free Trial is available for 14 days.
A marketing platform called CallRail aids in accelerating business growth. CallRail assists you in optimizing marketing campaigns, generating more high-quality leads, centralizing communications, and generating more sales leads. Conversation intelligence, form tracking, and call tracking provide insights into many customer touchpoints.
A consolidated inbox and integrated communication capabilities, such as softphone SMS and chat, enable Lead Center to assist businesses in connecting with customers on their terms. Over 175,000 companies trust CallRail’s simple global yet effective marketing techniques to accelerate and sustain growth.
Cost: $45 per month
Free Choice: A risk-free trial is offered
CallAction provides users with inbound call tracking, caller enrichment based on consumer databases, and CRM connectivity for exporting call data to records, similar to many other platforms mentioned below. CallAction has one remarkable feature, which makes it an excellent choice for businesses with mobile-heavy client bases or those investing in SMS marketing: sophisticated SMS automation for responding to missed calls.
Monthly cost: $155 to $499 and up
A free Trial is available for 14 days.
Companies can select local, toll-free, or international numbers from CallFire’s database and interface the system with their Google Analytics account or other analytics data source. CallFire is less of an enterprise solution and more of a lightweight tool. Those constantly on the move will particularly value CallFire’s customized notifications, which offer access via email or mobile device and vital call information.
Price: $0.05 per minute/per month for texts to $599
Free Choice: A risk-free trial is offered
CallSource features special “DealSaver” auto-alerts that activate when call handlers fail to schedule an appointment, making it an excellent option for people in appointment-heavy industries, including automotive, dental, hearing consultants, and home services. This makes it possible to recover chances and give call handlers performance coaching based on recorded calls when combined with CallSource’s lead-scoring tools.
Not available at a price
Optional Free: Unknown
On the company website, it is said that Convirza “offers all the tools and solutions to boost your marketing expenditure and outcomes, whether you’re a small business owner or an advanced enterprise agency.” This is unquestionably supported by Convirza’s feature set, which includes dynamic call tracking, dynamic call insertion, call analytics, lead quality rating, and online/offline marketing channel performance tracking.
Cost: $29 to $199+ a month
A complimentary Trial is offered for 30 days.
CrazyCall is a cloud-based calling platform that enables companies and sales teams to contact clients and prospects with little to no effort. The simplicity of usage distinguishes CrazyCall, although simplicity does not imply a lack of features. Users can use an autodialer, call records, call transfers, live listening, and more. They can even trace their calls to specific phone lines.
With the Click To Call widget, they can easily place individual calls regardless of the website they are visiting. The company’s Inbound Calls feature has the potential to raise customer happiness while also assisting companies with semi-passive growth through the callback widget that generates leads.
Pricing per user, per month: $11-$45
A Free Trial is available for 14 days
With call monitoring software, marketers can determine which marketing campaign or strategy led to a client call and what happened. For instance, if you call a business that uses call monitoring, they might be able to tell which advertisements, web pages, or even keywords prompted your call.